Weight Loss and Vitality
Medical Weight Loss & Cosmetic Surgery located in Alexandria, VA, Manassas, VA, Washington, DC & Gaithersburg, MD
Finding an anti-aging regimen can often feel like a hopeless task. The team at Weight Loss and Vitality in Manassas and Alexandria, Virginia; and Washington, DC, provides people with high-quality dermal filler options to restore their youthful glow time-effectively and comfortably.
We offer a wide range of dermal fillers, including those made with hyaluronic acid, collagen, calcium hydroxylapatite, and poly-L-lactic acid. These fillers can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles, including nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and smoker's lines. They can also be used for lip augmentation, cheek augmentation, jawline enhancement, and tear trough treatment.
In addition to dermal fillers, we also offer injectable neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin. These treatments can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles by temporarily relaxing the muscles responsible for creating them.
Our medical aesthetics clinic is staffed by experienced professionals who specialize in facial rejuvenation and wrinkle reduction. We are committed to helping our clients achieve a more youthful appearance with smooth, beautiful skin.
We understand that the beauty industry is constantly evolving, which is why we stay up-to-date on the latest trends and techniques in aesthetic medicine and dermatology. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality skincare and beauty treatments in a comfortable and welcoming environment.
If you're interested in learning more about dermal fillers, injectable treatments, and other non-surgical procedures, we invite you to visit our medspa and talk to one of our specialists. We're confident that we can help you achieve the youthful, radiant look you've always wanted!
Dermal Fillers Q & A
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are FDA-approved substances that work to restore elasticity and volume loss in your face as part of a facial aesthetic treatment. Your aesthetics specialist at Weight Loss and Vitality might recommend dermal fillers to fight against wrinkles and fine lines and avoid surgery.
Dermal fillers are instrumental in fixing any of the following cosmetic issues.
- Wrinkles and creases
- Crow’s feet
- Fine lines
- Lip fullness
- Facial contours
Your specialist can use many different types of dermal fillers to address these issues.
What are the different types of dermal fillers?
There are countless dermal fillers products. Your specialist can recommend a combination of a few for the best results possible.
Juvéderm® and Volbella®
Juvéderm and Volbella fill in lines, and wrinkles, and can plump areas of your face that have suffered from volume loss by hydrating your skin with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in your body. It can successfully add volume to your skin while simultaneously delivering moisture and nutrients.
Radiesse is mainly used to address nasolabial folds and marionette lines. It uses hydroxylapatite to enhance and contour your facial features.
Restylane uses hyaluronic acid to smooth out lines and lift deep wrinkles. Your specialist might also recommend Restylane as part of a lip augmentation treatment plan.
Voluma specifically targets your cheek area by plumping areas of volume loss.
What happens during a dermal filler treatment?
Before starting your dermal filler treatment, your Weight Loss and Vitality specialist starts by giving you a numbing agent to anesthetize the injection site. Once the area is sufficiently numb, they can inject your preferred dermal filler.
Immediately following the injection, you might experience some slight swelling and discomfort, which can last a few days but should fade shortly after that. If this is not the case, get in touch with Weight Loss and Vitality for a follow-up visit.
You should avoid strenuous activities for several days after the procedure. Nonetheless, you should be able to resume your daily activities without any difficulty. Your dermal filler treatment should last anywhere between six months to years, depending on the product and how your body responds.
Dermal fillers can give you the results you want without the need for surgical intervention. Schedule an appointment at Weight Loss and Vitality today by phone or online to learn more about their benefits.
Understanding Risks, Potential Complications, Safety after Dermal Fillers
Below are common and expected adverse side effects of filler injections that may occur with treatment:
Swelling of the Treated Area:
- Initial swelling may take up to 3 weeks to resolve.
- Swelling may not be symmetrical and appear uneven – this can occur secondary to pre-existing. facial asymmetry, volume of filler used, and potential bleeding at each injection site.
- Do not exercise for a minimum of 48 hours (about 2 days) after dermal fillers.
- Do not massage the treated area after receiving the dermal fillers.
Bruising and Skin Discoloration:
- Bruising is a normal side effect after having needles and cannulas inserted under your skin.
- Bruising may last 1-2 weeks, and a large bruise may take 4 weeks or longer to heal.
- Bruising can appear immediately or several days after treatment.
- Treatment directly under the eyes (tear troughs) has a higher likelihood of bruising and skin discoloration secondary the thinnest of skin and increased vascular anatomy.
- These areas can be covered with a topical cosmetic concealer.
Lumps or Irregular Feeling
- Dermal fillers can and will feel firmer in some of the treated areas. This is a normal and common result.
- Do not massage or manipulate the area.
- The feeling of lumps and bumps usually improves within 2-4 weeks after treatment.
- Asymmetry often is associated with irregular swelling. Please give the treated area 3-4 weeks before deciding whether it is related to filler.
- Studies have shown that after dermal filler treatment patients start to hyper analyze facial asymmetries that were previously there but not noticed.
- A full syringe of filler many times is not enough to sufficiently replace all the lost volume. 1 syringe represents only 20% of a teaspoon in volume. After the initial swelling resolved more filler may be needed.
- All injectors in our clinic practice with a conservative eye with the intent of not over injecting patients. Our philosophy is to add volume slowly over time to achieve the best results possible. The result of this means that you may need additional dermal fillers.
- An important note is that first time dermal filler patients often lose the dermal filler correction more rapidly than follow up filler patients. The reason for this is filler can and does build up over time to give a more lasting result.
- Lips will dry post injections. Cool compressions and lubricate with Vaseline.
- Do not apply cool compressions for more than 15 minutes a couple of times per day.
Itching Around the Injection Location
- Normal itching can be common to find around the injection location for several day after treatment. It is important to note that itching along with any of the following: warmth, pain, additional swelling, or redness the clinic needs to be notified immediately.
Possible Complications with Dermal Filler Injection
- Allergic reaction to dermal filler
- Skin Necrosis
- Dermal filler intra vascular injection can lead to skin necrosis and blindness
- Increased acne
- Increase the the possible outbreak of cold sore or herpes
Weight Lossmore info
IV Vitamin Therapymore info
Dermal Fillersmore info
Testosterone Replacement Therapymore info
Growth Hormone Peptidesmore info
NAD+ IV Therapymore info
Non-Invasive Fat Removalmore info
Women’s Healthmore info
Urinary Incontinencemore info
Hormone Disordersmore info
Bioidentical Hormone Therapymore info
Men’s Healthmore info
Low Testosteronemore info
Erectile Dysfunctionmore info
Facial Aestheticsmore info
Chemical Peelmore info
Laser Hair Removalmore info
BBL Photo Facialmore info
Skin Resurfacingmore info
BTL Vanquishmore info
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation and Therapymore info
HEIMT (High-Intensity Electromagnetic Muscle Stimulation)more info